Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Top Cigars

As the year 2011 comes to an end, I wanted to take some time to post the top three scoring cigars I've reviewed this year.  I've enjoyed smoking several different ones by different manufacturers, but wanted to highlight those I felt were outstanding.  Not all were released this year, but were my first time for smoking them.

I also want to highlight a few cigars that I enjoyed smoking but didn't have enough time set aside to review. I would like to suggest to you to keep your eye on them and give them a shot if possible.  I will probably finally review these over the next few months. And these honorable mentions are (in no specific order):

Room 101 Namakubi
Drew Estate Undercrown
Savinelli Liga Especial
Tatuaje Fausto
Zino Z-Class 500R

Now for the distillation of all the goodness I've experienced over the past year into the top 3 positions are:

#3 (tie) with a score of 93 -
Toraño Exodus 1959 50 Year and Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta Serie No. 13

#2 with a score of 94 -
Macanudo Cru Royale

and with a score of 95, the #1 cigar of 2011 is:
The Crowned Heads Four Kicks!

Congrats to the crew at Crowned Heads for an incredible first year with your introductory line, Four Kicks!


I will be bringing in the new year with a Four Kicks tonight, what about you?


I'd like to thank all of you for reading and following me on this journey of enjoying cigars and the occasional spirit.  2012 looks to be an even better year with new cigars waiting to be tried and reviewed.  See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment