Tuesday, August 16, 2011

National Rum Day

So every 16th of August is National Rum Day, one of my favorite days of the year.  Although I enjoy all spirits, I am very partial to rum.  Spiced rum in particular.  And no, I don't believe that it has to do with the fact that the LeRoys hired privateers.

Bacardi, the leader in traditional rum sales, recently announced that they were once again going to produce a spiced rum, called Oakheart.  Captain Morgan currently is the leader in spiced rums, distantly followed by Sailor Jerry.  Surpassing ol' Jerry shouldn't be too difficult with such a small market share and weak product offering.  But does Bacardi have what it takes to take the Captain head on?  Financially it does, but let's see how the product stands up to the balancing pirate.  I, for one, can't wait to give it a shot and share my review!


In other National Rum Day news, Bacardi also recently won a dispute in the U.S. Court of Appeals in the Third Circuit over the Havana Club rum marketing, trademark and brand.  If you'd like to read the particulars, click here:

http://www.bacardilimited.com/news080411.html

No comments:

Post a Comment